Music Banter - View Single Post - Amy Winehouse pronounced dead
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2011, 10:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Butler View Post
The comparison is there because the world seem to be mourning more over Amy Winehouse dying than 92 innocent people being shot in Norway by some deranged nutcase. Just pick up a tabloid newspaper in the UK and see what the main headline is, it's not the Norway story.

I know some people that have said they don't care what happens outside England. How racist is that? We live in a sad world. There are a lot of statuses on my friends Facebook about her and I can tell you a lot of them don't care she's gone.

She brought it on herself with the drugs and when offered the chance to have rehab she refused or was just simply not committed to it. Her past life is no excuse for taking drugs, it is not the answer to solving her problems clearly and you know what, Winehouse could have easily been having a laugh!
I`ve just read through this thread and I can`t believe that you and other people are actually making the comparison between Amy Winehouse and the Norway massacre, both are tragedies but to even compare them is pointless. One is the tragic death of a singer, which wasn`t over surprising and the other a tragedy totally unexpected but both are tragic losses and should be treated as such.

As for how you can say that her past life is no excuse for taking drugs is beyond me as well. The whole point is that when somebody is that depressed, they can react in any number of ways, whether this be drugs, booze or any other form of self abuse, the point is that when somebody is that down thay can react in any number of ways and to be judgemental of these people shows a real lack of human understanding.

As for some people not caring about what goes on outside England, luckily I don`t know anyone who thinks like that at all.