Music Banter - View Single Post - New in Every Sense
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #1 (permalink)
Zyrada
Avant-Gardener

Default New in Every Sense

Hi! I'm not very used to introductions, so try not to mind too much if I sound a little self-conscious. (I am, of course, but I'm walking into a community of people I don't know, so it's to be expected, haha.)

Okay, so to start, I'm a musician myself, of the composing variety (that's my ideal trade, at least). I'm currently working toward my Music Theory/Comp. degree. For the next couple of years, I'll be slowly sliding toward the inevitable moment where I realize I still have absolutely no idea what to do with my degree, but I just keep crossing my fingers and hoping that I'll make connections in school somewhere along the way... but enough about that.

In terms of music preferences, I don't really restrict myself by genre a whole lot. If I hear something and I like it, there's pretty much no turning back for me. Thanks to that, my library's kind of a patchwork of whatever, but it's still pretty modest (thanks in no small part to my pervasive selectivity). I'm a little hesitant to name names... I mean, that's kind of first date material! (... that was a little painful to write. :/)

Also, it's three in the morning here, and I've been wearing my headphones for the last three or four hours, so my ears are starting to ache... and if I keep trying to figure out exactly what I should write here, I'll be up way longer than I need to be. I'm sure I'll forget to mention something critically important, but hey, that's why this is a thread, after all.
Zyrada is offline   Reply With Quote