Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official Police Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 03:29 PM   #75 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
Normally, I don`t go into a thread to brazenly attack a band at least not without giving some reasons as to why. In this case I didn`t actually enter and attack the Police, I just said I could name twenty 3-piece bands that were better and imo I still hold these bands to be better as well.

A lot of the time, some of the best discussion on these boards comes from random musical thoughts anyway and the Police remark was one such remark. I know the Police discography pretty well and I think that makes my opinion as valid as anyone else`s on here.

And I`m sure you`re old enough to defend yourself against a few flying arrows!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
There was nothing technical about the Jam anyway and I`m not questioning the ability of the Police as musicians either just how they sound.

As for your thoughts on the rest of my list, please expand on those thoughts!
US - You seem to be making semantics arguments. Saying I could name 20 bands better - than the band the thread is dedicated to - is generally going to be seen as a condemnation of the band. I chose the word "attack," but a rose by any other name is still a rose.

My point in bringing that up is that it deters conversation. Not to mention you made this assumption based on, by your own account, your personal preference. So there isn't even room to have a discussion here. And the minute you were challenged on your list you went and dove behind "opinion" like it was your mothers apron.

To come to my point, statements like that kill conversation. We have more than enough Lounge posts on here talking about wiping your ass with newspapers, and herpes, and every other sort of non-musical topic. I'd hope that we could leave what musical discussion remains uncorrupted by the transient thoughts of the bored and aimless.

Its beyond me to know motive. So maybe you knew you wanted to make that post. Just the same, theres a better place for it.