Music Banter - View Single Post - Spanish language music anyone?
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 05:24 PM   #125 (permalink)
Zaqarbal
Music Addict

On a different topic:

* Enrique Bunbury (since 1997), former Héroes del Silencio's vocalist. Six solo albums published. Diverse styles and influences (electro-rock, jazz, cabaret, folk, etc.).

From album Radical Sonora (1997), Salomé and Alicia [expulsada al País de las Maravillas] ("Alice [expelled to Wonderland]"):

Salomé

"Me pides lo imposible ................................ You ask me for the impossible
y yo te lo concedo. ................................ and I grant it to you.
De vuelta yo te ruego así; ................................ In return I beg you like this;
respondes que me olvide. ................................ you tell me to forget it.
Los días pasan, yo me quedo ................................ Days pass by, I remain behind.
Aunque sepan tu nombre, ................................ Although they know what your name is,
no te conocen. ................................ they don't know you.

Si apareces esta noche, ................................ If you appear tonight,

esta noche te quedas. ................................ tonight you'll stay in.
¿Por qué a la luz me desprecias así? ................................ Why do you look down on me like this when it gets light?
Quizás a tí no te importe. ................................ Maybe you don't care.
Que bien amarre lo que nos une. ................................ May that what we share unite us.
Mientras pueda respirar aquí te espero. ................................ As long as I can breathe, I'll be waiting for you.

Salomé... Salomé... ................................ Salome... Salome...

Salomé... Salomé.... ................................ Salome... Salome...

Quieres que rueden cabezas, ................................ You want heads to roll,

quieres buscar al infame, ................................ you want to look for the loathsome one,
quieres que sea el verdugo así ................................ you want me to be the executioner
y quieres que sea el culpable. ................................ and you want me to be the culprit.
Aprendo los lazos del instinto. ................................ I learn about the ties of instinct.
Los días a tu lado son profesores. ................................ The days I spend with you are teachers.

Mataré si debo, ................................ I will kill if I must,

te ayudaré si puedo, ................................ I will help you if I can,
sólo dime qué he de hacer ................................ just tell me what I have to do
y si recuerdas tu sueño. ................................ and if you remember your dream.
Dime: ¿estoy en él? ................................ Tell me: am I within it?

Mataré si debo, ................................ I will kill if I must,
te ayudaré si puedo, ................................ I will help you if I can,
sólo dime qué he de hacer ................................ just tell me what I have to do
y si recuerdas tu sueño. ................................ and if you remember your dream.
Dime: ¿estoy en él? ................................... Tell me: am I within it?
"

From album Flamingos (2002), Lady Blue and Contar contigo ("Counting on You"):

(translations here and here)

Bujías para el dolor
("Candles for the Pain", 2008) and Frente a frente ("Face to Face", 2010):

Last edited by Zaqarbal; 08-12-2011 at 05:28 PM. Reason: 1 videolink fixed.
Zaqarbal is offline   Reply With Quote