Music Banter - View Single Post - Amy Winehouse pronounced dead
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 04:35 PM   #101 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Butler View Post
Both events are a tragedy. I just think that the Norway event is more tragic. What is wrong or disrespectful about saying that? People show their lack of education on this thread by resorting to foul language and abuse towards me. It really doesn't look good.

The tabloid media just annoy me. It's news at its dumbed down, worse. Nothing more than sensationalised infotainment for the uneducated mass. The language in them could be understood by an eight year old child. Commercial imperative and making money is what counts though and this tends to sell more papers than hard foreign news stories or politics, economics... the lot. The broadsheets are for this.

The decline in foreign news is a disaster for Journalism. Amy Winehouse's death is going to be used to depict the dangers of drug taking now, as a celebrity there is no better filter of a message of this nature. Using celebrities to achieve this is dumbing down. I'm not a **** or a prick or whatever you want to call me, just a student studying JOURNALISM at Chester University.
Oh aren't you an expert, you're studying it! Everyone, you should be listening to this guy he's obviously a guru in current events.