Music Banter - View Single Post - New in Every Sense
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
[MERIT]
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyrada
Thanks, I'm hoping it goes well for me. I've got all these expectations that I'm sure won't get fulfilled, of course. From what I've seen so far, I probably won't have much to contribute here initially, but hey, that's why I'm here.

Quick question about avatars... I've got one in mind, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to get the size of the image file small enough for it to upload properly. How do you all manage to have avatars that have the right dimensions and are small enough in size to upload? I can attach the image to a post or something if needed, but I have a feeling my problem has a hilariously simple solution that I just haven't though of.
I personally find a picture that I like and scale it down using the Microsoft Office picture editor which came included in the Microsoft Office Suite. They go over the how-to's in the FAQ's. Here is the thread to request an avatar that you cannot upload yourself:

http://www.musicbanter.com/editors-p...-requests.html

If you find an image that you need scaled down, you can shoot me the link and I'll be more than happy to scale it down for you, and re-upload it. Anyhoo, here's the official "Welcome To Musicbanter" jist:

Quote:
Welcome to Musicbanter Zyrada!

Don’t forget to take a quick look at The Rules of the site when you get a chance.

You can also check out The Newcomers Guide and the FAQ’s to help acclimate yourself to the site. We have threads on nearly every topic you can think of, musical or otherwise, so be sure to use the Search Function to find a thread that interests you. Feel free to contribute as much as you’d like!

If you have any questions or concerns, members of our community are ready to help! Feel free to message Me or a member of our Moderation Staff, and we’ll be happy to help you out.

Enjoy your stay!
[MERIT] is offline   Reply With Quote