Music Banter - View Single Post - Ten Years After
Thread: Ten Years After
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2005, 07:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Dezzy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by pastor of muppets
Anyone heard of/like these guys? They played at Woodstock and are still around now. The frontman was Alivin Lee but he has since been replaced. I've only heard a couple of songs but "I'm Going Home" is fairly awesome.
Pastor
I've been listening to the bits of stuff I've got by them for years. I think you said you discovered them through some records of your dads. Thats how I first discovered them also.
There is a brilliant album by them called "sssshhhh", or something like that from 1968. It's got some brilliant music on it. (not sure if it comes under prog, please help boo boo!!!).
My fave tracks on it are , Stoned Woman, If you should love me, Good morning little Schoolgirl, (lyrics in this tune are a little dubious, or am I being prudish?), and I'm going home.
All round this album for me is where every tune is at least half decent.

You say Alvin Lee has been replaced. The rest of the band are obviously great at what they do/did, but Ten Years After without Alvin Lee is like having an hifi without speakers. It wouldn't work the same.

I believe Ten Years After came from Nottingham in England. Which is worth noting as I don't think the city has produced many big famous bands over the years.
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote