Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2011, 06:46 AM   #1019 (permalink)
Thom Yorke
Music Addict

If the Jets get Asomugha, there would be almost no point in passing against the them. Both him and Revis are capable of taking a whole side of the field themselves. It'll allow the Jets to focus so much more on the run game, and it's not like that was too shabby to begin with. Seriously, just give them the Superbowl if they make this happen.

There are alot of Revis fanboys lately, but I still think Asomugha is in a league of his own. We aren't that far removed from what I think was the best season by any player in NFL history, not just cornerbacks (Asomugha's 2008 season), and he's at the top every other year too. I'll take that over Revis' one amazing season and another couple good ones.

As for the Vikings, wow that sucks to lose Rice. I wasn't getting my hopes up for the playoffs with him, so this really just takes the wind out of the sails. The Seahwaks are getting a great receiver who's among the very best at deep balls and jump balls. Randy Moss without the speed, I've always thought.

Getting McNabb is pretty good (always been a fan), but I kind out just want to see them blow it up. I understand them not wanting to though. AP only has a few more years left as the top RB, and K-Will and Hutchinson are getting up there. Even our other best players like Allen and Greenway are just in their primes now. Tough position when your best players are all in win-now mode, but you don't have the roster to back it up.

Pats of course doing what they do best in picking up troubled players with loads of potential. Haynesworth will obviously line up on the outside as they have Wilfork in the middle already (plus Haynesworth would bitch about it if they moved him to the middle) so it'll be interesting to see how he does there. Not sure how Ochocinco will fare. The Patriots have taken chances on the guys that are known trouble-makers, but have never been very vocal. Well, I guess Moss was, but Ochocinco takes it to a whole new level. I wouldn't really classify him as a trouble-maker though. Still, it'll be interesting to see how Belichick deals with it.

And another couple comments on two other teams. First, WTF was Arizona thinking??? A 2nd (and probably a high one at that) and athletic freak Rodgers-Cromartie for a guy who isn't even a proven capable starter? The Eagles are SUCH an athletic team, on both sides of the ball. And are the Dolphins really planning on using Bush as the full-time back? That's a recipe for disaster. The Saints won't miss a beat with Sproles.

Last edited by Thom Yorke; 07-29-2011 at 08:15 AM.
Thom Yorke is offline   Reply With Quote