Music Banter - View Single Post - New Wave of British Heavy Metal
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:42 AM   #43 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackhammer View Post
So pleased you posted this and although they haven't made anything that comes close since, it is still essential and I am seeing them in a fortnight at a festival

I hope to see Tygers Of Pan Tang, Tank, Battleaxe,, Girlschool, Demon and Witchfynde in here too.

I personally would not have put Motorhead in here as they had been going for a few years beforehand and got lumped in with the scene even though they were not really a part of it.
Motorhead are like Judas Priest in that they were already established or in Judas`s case very well established before NWOBHM broke, but to totally exclude them seems like sacrilege as well, especially since the scene gave both groups some of their biggest commercial successes.

Most of the stuff that you hope to see will probably feature on here as well, what I'm going to do is increase the essentials from a top 10 list to a top 20 list, as its impossible to get everybody in. After about album 12 or so, I'm only going to feature albums that were released from 1982 onwards of which some of the bands you've mentioned put out their best albums.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 07-31-2011 at 08:37 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote