Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2011, 08:37 PM   #202 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by djchameleon View Post
Ah, I didn't know that little background behind the song and him taking it from a true story but the student ended up dying.

You see the part where they say it was supposed to be a duet. Well, yeah Prince wanted no part of it because they weren't seeing eye to eye at the time and I guess that's where the story comes from that the story was talking about Prince but I guess it wasn't.
Yep, I saw the part where they said the song was supposed to be a duet, and I think you are probably right that that relates to the story about Prince.

I just heard a new song that I hate! Mind you, I don't mean any personal insult to people who love songs that I hate. We just have different tastes and there's nothing wrong with that, because whether art is "good" or not is completely subjective.

That being said and out of the way, on to the song I loathe:

Scout Niblett - "Wet Road"

When I hear this song I think of how if I were a dog I would want to howl...and actually, even though I'm not a dog, it makes me want to howl anyway. I can't stand her voice, which grates on me like chalk squeaking on the chalkboard. I also don't like the song itself or the guitar playing, which I find extremely boring, sluggish, and insipid.

However, I think Scout Niblett is kinda cute!

I just don't like her music.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 07-31-2011 at 08:44 PM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote