Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs You Hate
Thread: Songs You Hate
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 08:23 AM   #204 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Anywhoooo

These arseholes can do one, words cannot even begin to burrow into the depths of my hatred for this band. They represent everything that I think is wrong with music today, and this song takes the biscuit.
I have to agree with you on that one. Although the Wombats' "Moving to New York" song doesn't inspire full-out hatred in me, I can burrow down to some genuine dislike for it.

The song is extremely repetitive, both in melody and lyrics. If I'm not wrong, the lyrics consisted almost completely of the chorus, repeated again and again and again and again and again and again and again! The song seemed to have almost no meaning at all. The rushed playing and style of the song got tiring and reminded me of quite a few other songs I've heard (a little like The Cure). Also, the video made such great attempts to look "cool" and "edgy" with a hamster and all, that it seemed overdone to me.

The song sounds whiny, too: he's well-fed, he's leading a descent life, maybe not perfectly what he wants (he's had a bad week after all, horrors), and he's griping about it? I'm not very sympathetic to his plight.

Finally...and this doesn't relate to the music...I found the band members not appealing to observe, especially the lead singer with his glum, droopy appearance.

I feel they play their instruments well, though. And he *was* in tune!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote