Music Banter - View Single Post - What's The Latest Film You Have Seen?
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2011, 05:20 PM   #10452 (permalink)
jackhammer
Ba and Be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loose_lips_sink_ships View Post

This was a fantastic watch. It was very suspenseful and the soundtrack did so much for the suspense. I loved every minute of it, and when I saw the second monolith I nearly shit bricks. The ending was left ambiguous and open, making me wonder and keeping it stuck in my head. I love movies where things are left open ended because when you have movies that try and explain the mysteries of the universe/life it ends up stupid and contrived. Kubrick is an amazing director, I would put him over any of popular directors today.
Sometimes I really hate to blindly agree with the populace and some so called classic films just don't do anything for me but I watched this film last around six months ago and it still blew me away as much as the first time watching it over 20 years ago.

Even if the subject matter is not to everyone's taste, it is still a mind blowing piece of cinema that holds up easily. The use of music, edits, effects and imagery is virtuoso film making at it's finest and I am not that big a Kubrick fan either.

There are only a handful of films that are beautiful to watch and this is definitely right up there. Gives me an idea for a thread

“A cynic by experience, a romantic by inclination and now a hero by necessity.”
jackhammer is offline   Reply With Quote