Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 07:33 AM   #16654 (permalink)
FETCHER.
Nae wains, Great Danes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Misfit View Post
Smoke something green ; )

My friend had same problem, tried to quit cold turkey, and just couldn't do it. Told him to switch to the green, he quit smoking in less than a month.

I heard e-cigs work miracles as well, give those a try.
Can't afford green and we put cigarettes in joints here so I'd probs just end up smoking those cigs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
it's still very much a derogatory epithet for homosexuals in America. which gets to be confusing when you use earthy phrases like "wanna blow a fag with me?"

i suggest not carrying currencies less than a tenner in cash when you go out at night. the only time i can justify spending money on cigs is when i'm planning on getting tanked on a bar crawl and i've got change to blow.

and if you're actually a habitual smoker and not just a drunk one...avoid convenience stores like the plague.
I have no money so not carrying anything should be a help. I think I could quit better if I was drunk constantly because I'm never interested in smoking when I'm drunk .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
I'm in the process of quitting cold turkey, today marks day 5 of my smoking cessation. I can tell you that never have I been more willing to fight all human beings than I am at the moment. Incredibly irritable.

Tips wise, think of something else you enjoy doing and do it as often as possible. I love coffee, so I'm drinking gallons of the stuff. Also, try and coax one of your friends into quitting with you if you have smoker chums. My housemate has joined me in the big quit, and we're kind of supporting each other - it's a massive help.

Above all else, just remember how ****ty cigarettes actually are. They make you smell, age your skin, stain your teeth, blacken you lungs and clog your arteries. All of that translates into quite a big incentive.

Good luck.
Thanks, I'm just trying to stay away from all things that I do when I smoke, like driving and such. I'll survive the day yet I think .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Sunflower seeds. Whenever I've gone cold turkey I've always gone through a few bags of sunflower seeds during the first few days. By day four you'll be fine.
Really, whereabouts could I buy those?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
My buddy bought a hookah and that really helped him quit.

MAKE SURE TO GET TEA SHISHA, not tobacco shisha. It also takes a while to get the coals lit and get the hookah started and all of that - so the effort means you'd probably just smoke one bowl of shisha a day or so, and that would really, really help you quit.

He hasn't smoked cigarettes in almost a year now.
I don't even know what that is! I doubt I'd be able to afford one anyways .

Thanks everyone. You all gave me ideas to keep me busy .

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthead aka 216 View Post
i havent i refuse to in fact. it triggers my ptsd from yrs ago when i thought my ex's anal beads were those edible candy necklaces
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Rez View Post
Keep it in your pants scottie.
FETCHER. is offline   Reply With Quote