Music Banter - View Single Post - Do atheists believe that Jesus existed?
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 08:39 AM   #92 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metal Connoisseur View Post
I'm not sure I follow, the gospels were selected during the Council of Hippo around 400 AD or so. The Edict of Milan had only been issued a few decades before which allowed for Christians to worship freely and not be persecuted. I don't know if would classify the early Christians as victors.

If by victor you mean God triumphing over Lucifer then yes, I suppose they are victors. It's all about perspective, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to Satanic or occult doctrine but I'm sure whatever manifestos are central to that sort of faith has a completely different spin on the Christian tradition in terms of the struggle between God and Lucifer.
i meant during the old Testament days, there were these few tribes who worshipped a particularly deity

the one which worshipped Yahweh triumphed over the other tribes

Lucifer was actually one of the kings of these others tribes

of coz, the tribe that triumped would call these others deities and kings "demons" or "Satan"

if it had been otherwise, "Yahweh" would've been a demon, and the story of the Old Testament would have been completely different

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote