Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beauty Of Film
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2011, 09:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Tears Of The Black Tiger (2000)

i think this film is a perfect example of what you are looking for jackhammer.....amazing and an absolute eyeball orgasm

i had the absolute pleasure of being smart enough to catch this in its very limited US release in 2005....it took five years to get US distribution and man it was worth seeing on the big screen

for the most part the director made an homage film....paying homage to 60s slashers, epic dramas, and italian westerns.....think a hershel gordon lewis film spliced with Gone With The Wind spliced with El Topo.....but within doing this he simply created something that really stands out on its own

the colors are blinding and just unreal...or perhaps surreal is a better description....i mean the lipstick on the heroine is blinding and just beautiful.....the bright painted backgrounds are as of kilter as they are needed....the acting is melodramatic but in an absolutely fitting....

in short this is a prime example of making a film that is as artistic as it is a joy to just simply watch

i suggest this to anybody who is enjoying this thread....
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote