Music Banter - View Single Post - The Explain Why You Like This Album ('cause i don't understand) Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #857 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

Their appeal just hit so many people. I am unsure if Beatlesmania will survive another decade or two, despite those that think they may be revered for generations or centuries or so on. They will make music history books, but the % of living people in the world that listren to/like the Beatles will drop drastically over the course of the following years. Sadly, I suppose. Even at this stage, kids today know the Beatles because of the age old 'their parents' listened to them and/or Beatles Rock Band and/or re-release remaster. The Beatles are, to the youth, as real and relevant as Elvis. Historical figure that was inspirational, duh, duh, duh.

But, the Beatles had numerous hit singles. A classic rock radio station that plays the Beatles might have 25+ Beatles songs to choose from, and honestly, they have 50+ excellent tracks that stand the test of time for different types of people. Stoners and fans of psychedelics swear by Sgt. Pepper's and probably a whole lot more. Teen girls should have no trouble with some of their pop lovey-dovey BS "I wanna hold your hand". Rocky Racoon. Ya know, there's a lot to dig. They're definitely not one hit wonders, they've made maybe.... 4 generations in a row fall in love with them, and therefore are considered top notch. I love many bands more than the Beatles, but the Beatles made an impression on like a billion people.

I mean, seriously, we've got "Octopus's Garden", "I Want You (She's So Heavy"), "Here Comes the Sun", "The End", "Dig a Pony", "I Me Mine", "Across the Universe", "Magical Mystery Tour", "I Am the Walrus", "Strawberry Fields Forever", "Day Tripper", "Tomorrow Never Knows", "Norwegian Wood", "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", "With a Little Help From My Friends", "Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds", "Being For the Benefit of Mr. Kite", "Fixing a Hole", "Within You, Without You", "Good Morning Good Morning", "While My Guitar Gently Weeps", "Happiness is a Warm Gun", "Rocky Racoon", "Hey Bulldog",

and that's just songs to get stoned to. That's not to mention 20+ other great tracks for romantic types like "I Wanna Be Your Man", "Til There Was You", "It Won't Be Long", "I'm Looking Through You", "If I Needed Someone", "Drive My Car", "We Can Work It Out", "She Loves You", etc... and classics like "Revolution", "Ticket To Ride", "Taxman", "Yesterday", "Paperback Writer", "Dear Prudence", "Blackbird", etc.

Go smoke a bowl or drop LSD or something

Last edited by Mrd00d; 08-07-2011 at 01:51 PM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote