Music Banter - View Single Post - Stupid things you've done to attract the opposite sex
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2011, 06:35 PM   #43 (permalink)
Kevorkian Logic
Imperfectly Perfect

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucifer_sam View Post
^^ I'm not saying this about you, so please don't take it the wrong way. But the general male reaction goes something like:

Plain, intelligent girl: Eh.
Attractive bimbo: Meh.
Cute, intelligent girl: OH MY GOD SHE UNDERSTANDS PARTICLE PHYSICS I WANT HER NEED HER MUST MARRY HER.

It's the reason why Zooey Deschanel will always be more attractive than Kim Kardashian. Always.

yep.

hot, cute, pretty. Every girl falls somewhere on this lovely triangle.

Also Dayvan--please don't take offense at this, but be careful overplaying the smart nerd thing--guys dig it i'm sure but if you over do it your personality becomes very one dimensional to guys as many girls who do have the nerd factor tend to overplay it and it becomes...predictable.

I.E. Instead of using "hitchhikers guide" as what your conversation topic, throw in a reference like "don't panic" or "I always know where my towel is." Use it as an enhancement not a center. You are lucky to be smart and like awesome things, it will come off without you having to force it. Does that make sense?

also, i'm throwing in my typical suggestion of you may want to read kurt vonnegut if you like douglas adams. They have a similar cynical, detached view of the world meshed in with a humourous writing style

You sound like you have a lovely personality i'm just trying to help you work it