Music Banter - View Single Post - Unreleased, Lost or Abandoned Albums
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 08:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Insane Guest
Music Addict

Pink Floyd has loads of unreleased and rare material, along with famous bootlegs. But something that has bothered the hell out of me, is knowing that there might be two unreleased Floyd albums. I'll take all the Floyd I can get, and these albums sound like they would make Floyd that much more unique. The first one that might exist, is Household Objects, where the band did just what the title says, they recorded an entire album with household objects. It was apparently the result of the band not knowing what musical path to take after their 1973 hit Dark Side of the Moon. I don't know about you, I am intrigued as hell to find out what this sounds like, and it appears that the band plans to release some tracks on their new box sets, so they have answered some of my prayers. The second rumored album that is lurking about somewhere with all the jam sessions and rare tracks, is The Big Spliff. This one is rumored to have taken place during and after the Gilmour era 1994 The Division Bell. It was a result of extra recordings and unused material, and consists of mostly ambient music. Pink Floyd doing an ambient album would be amazing, and if it's out there, I'm just hoping that they will release this before I die.
Insane Guest is offline   Reply With Quote