Music Banter - View Single Post - The Amazing Spiderman
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

This "10-Year wait till remake" thing is getting kind of annoying, however if X-Men: First Class taught me anything it's that it's never too late to rejuvenate a sagging series, and after the disaster of Spider-Man 3 it's definitely one that needs to be redone. The problem is this is going to suffer from the same problems of all first comic hero movies and that's the origin story. A lot of people already know Spider-Man's origin story by now so an hour of the film will be wasted explaining it. I'm a little dubious of the parents subplot that is going to be added to the story, I didn't like it when the Ultimate Spider-Man added some conspiracy subplot to Peter's powers, so we'll see how they work it in this one. I do like how they've brought back the mechanical web shooters and there's no Mary Jane Watson. The first person perspective at the end of the teaser was kind of... bleh, but whatever with any luck none of it will be used in the final product. All in all it's at least on my radar now, which is more then can be said from a few months ago.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote