Music Banter - View Single Post - Hey! Introducing myself...
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 02:15 AM   #38 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
In all seriousness; it's not harmful, but it is tasteless, and I'd like to give this user a proper welcome to the forum.

Welcome. Don't much care for James Blake. The man can sing, but I find his music a bit dull.
Pedestrian, whether being welcomed to MusicBanter by members asking you to show your tits, boobies, and naked body is tasteless vs. harmful ultimately depends on the reactions of LexiDD and Livvy.

My concern when I saw this thread was because their reception at MusicBanter would have made me feel very unwelcome and unsafe here if that was how I had been welcomed. So I worry it has done the same for them. I hate to see new members possibly scared away, and I hate to see sexual harassment of anyone.

You mention a 'proper' welcome. I hope you and the other mods will consider what *is* a proper welcome to MusicBanter. Does this thread show how you want new members to be treated?

Subjecting new members to gender-based, sexual comments about their bodies instead of just comments about the music that they state is their reason for being here is not what I consider proper or respectful.

Once new members make clear that they like exchanging sexual quips with people, then that's fine. But until we know their views, I say that treating them this way is very inappropriate. This thread looks like two women having a verbal 'hotdog' shoved down their throats...if you recall the infraction a member received for photoshopping that image onto a longstanding member's mouth.

The issue is whether this sort of treatment is consensual or not. Until you know it is, then I feel MusicBanter should not allow the members to be treated this way, and especially not when they are newcomers without friends or connections here such that they won't know to whom to turn to lodge a complaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
If you feel so strongly about this why did you not pick up on my comments to batlord where I clearly implied I would anally rape him?
I assumed it was consensual.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote