Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 03:40 AM   #8736 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIRIUSB View Post
I've been here for a relatively short time but I would like to 'bitch' about the regulations set in place in this forum.

You cannot promote or advertise any of your own music, but can advertise and promote certain 'others' music.

The music of highly popular and extremely well paid 'artists' is easily accessible, they pay huge amounts of money to A&R people to make sure they are accessible, they don't need any further help.

Who does need help from the private sector are the unknown artists that plug away providing their musical visions.

Discussing your favorite artist is a great thing, but discovering an unknown artist that also resonates with what you like is a true epiphany.

These artists struggle away in animosity sometimes all their life and a simple 'plug' on a popular website or forum can help generate enough energy to propel their career.

I don't publish this 'bitch' in reference to myself (though I have some cool stuff that some people might be interested in), because I am a retired professional musician after 35 years in the industry and am enjoying my privacy and my family now being that I am an ancient 50.

I say there is courage, insight, and respect for Music itself, when a website/forum takes on the privilege of introducing unsigned, up & coming, fascinating artists/bands.

- SIRIUSB:TaRkHeM
I think it'd be best for everyone for you to leave this forum and go join Muzicforums.com. I'm being serious, they allow promotional spam there and seems like it might be the place for you.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote