Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2011, 09:29 AM   #130 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Monday, August 8 2011

Yeeehhaaaahhh! A new week, and a great choice for the first RtotD for this week, it's that man, the one, the only Mister Rory Gallagher!

Now, there's not a lot I can say about Rory that I haven't already (though I will be featuring him at some point in my “Taking Centre Stage” slot), but basically, if you don't like Rory's honest guitar blues rock, then you just aren't fit to call yourself a rocker!

Bullfrog blues (live)---Rory Gallagher --- from “Big guns: the very best of Rory Gallagher” on RCA

There are of course so many different versions of this song it's hard to know where the RtotD comes from, and though my media player takes it from the compilation “Big guns”, I feel that on that album the version used may be from the 1974 “Live in Europe” session, so I've looked for a version played around that time, which is what I've linked to above.

No matter what version it is though, it's Rory, it's seven minutes plus of rockin', rollickin', head-shakin' boogie blues. Need I say more?