Music Banter - View Single Post - New Wave of British Heavy Metal
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 04:07 AM   #49 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Tygers of Pan Tang are fun as ****. The vocals are warbly, the guitars energetic....

Have you heard their first EP, "Don't Touch me There"? The first two tracks are throw-aways, but "Bad Times" is great. It's not original, by any means, but it taps the same vein Accept did, that is, some AC/DC + energy & flow. Great ****.

==========

I actually haven't listened to much Def Leppard. I always assumed they were just gay cock rock who were notorious because their drummer was mutilated. I always held it against them that a one-armed dude could play their drum tracks. I guess I'll have to check them out.
That single/EP was released before their debut album and if I have heard it, it was too long ago to remember it well enough now, will check it out again.

Def Leppard got their bad rap on Hysteria and their links with hair metal, but before that in their early days, they were actually a decent metal band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Il Duce View Post
i just got those Venom and Raven albums

they seriously rawk
Glad you like them, that Venom album at times sounds so bad that it ends up being a classic. Its much like the same logic that surrounds those worst of Hollywood B-Movie films by people like ED Wood etc...they`re so bad that they end up being classics.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote