Music Banter - View Single Post - Nas
Thread: Nas
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2011, 09:30 AM   #113 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoteNoted.com View Post
Nas was the man back in the day. He's amongst the 90's best rappers. I can't hate on Queenbridge rappers. They are the realest of any rapper.

After reading Prodigy's My Infamous life (btw one of the best biographies I've ever read) I've sorta gained respect for him because he was the first big rapper out of Queensbridge Projects. Also Prodigy looked up to him for a while too. And if my man P says he like potatoes so do I.

Anyways I've always loved Nas, especially his earlier stuff. I stopped listen to him though after Nastradamahit. He lost me for a few years after that. But I soon regained my liking for him when Hip Hop is Dead came out. That album was sick, some of those amazing tracks were produced by Kanye West, no wonder why I loved it.

Peace,
J Note
Chief Editor
NoteNoted.com
My friend your first few posts have been awesome. Prodigy's bio is something I'll have to look into. Nas's early stuff is definitely his greatest, but considering Illmatic is pretty widely regarded as one of the best rap albums ever, I think it's unreasonable to think he could really get much better. I think part of the reason Illmatic is so impressive is because how young he was when he wrote and recorded it (and the producers on that album are unbelievable). And honestly, Nas doesn't get much love but I thought Untitled was pretty good despite people sleeping on it. And Lost Tapes is one of the most under rated releases in rap. I'm pretty excited to see what Nas's new album will be like.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote