Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2011, 11:17 AM   #137 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Wednesday, August 10 2011

I want to hear no complaints! No groans, no shakes of the head and definitely no titters of laugher --- hey! I'm looking at YOU, yes, you right there! Stop it!

The very nature of “Random Track of the Day” is that it's, well, let me see, how can I put this? It's, well, you know, it's --- ah yes! It's random! So far from you never knowing what I'm going to post from day to day, I have no idea what's going to come up until I start running my media player. We've had odder tracks, so just settle down, all right? This is what came up, and this is what I'm posting. Just live with it.

You probably have a sneaking admiration for Baz anyway, like most of us. Go on, admit it...

If I should love again --- Barry Manilow --- from “Greatest Hits: the Platinum Collection” on Arista

I've heard a lot of Manilow's work, and though I would not count myself as a fan (though I did go to see him once, with me ma, that was a long time ago, and for her benefit. Really. I just went along to keep her company. I did. Honest!) I of course know all his hits, and like a lot of them. I would put “Weekend in New England” as my favourite. This one I don't know, but hey, what's to know? It's a Barry Manilow ballad, and in essence, one is very much the same as another.

This is from one of his many collections (this happens to be from the “Platinum Collection”), and it's a typical piano ballad with his undoubted talent for writing a weepy song, and great orchestration as ever. Guy's got to be doing something right --- he's richer than God's richer neighbour! In fairness it's not a bad song, and after all, no-one's forcing you to click that YouTube link --- CLICK IT! --- but you never know, it may speak to the softer side of you. Or you may hate it. Or your girlfriend may like it. Choice is yours.

I would promise something heavier tomorrow, if I could, but I have no control over what the media pixies select. Could be Al Jolson! Nah, I don't have any of his stuff in my collection. Do I? Surely not.... heh heh.

See ya tomorrow!