Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 06:38 AM   #16709 (permalink)
Howard the Duck
Live by the Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhanastasio View Post
Hung out with my best bros. Went to check out Borders' closing sale. I was broke-ish, so I couldn't really pick up anything - including the cute girl who was hitting on me. Really dropped the ball there. She was following my friends and me around the bookstore, and making fun of all of the same books as me. Then I picked up a Pynchon book I'd not read and said to my friends, "Huh. I've still not read this one," and she butted in out of nowhere and was all, "Oh, I had to read that one. I'm a lit major. It's awful. You probably wouldn't like Thomas Pynchon..." then I was like, "Really? I mean, I dug Gravity's Rainbow and Mason & Dixon. Is this just a weak effort, or are you just not a fan?" and she got all flustered and was like, "Oh, that's all I read of him, but I...I'll actually pick up a copy of Gravity's Rainbow and check it out." And we talked a few more minutes, but I never CLOSED...as in getting her number. Not sure what happened there. I think I was just taken aback that it was a girl in a real place that wasn't a bar or concert - seemed too good to be true.

My friends and I then went to Hooters, I got ribbed for not getting that chick's number some more, and we talked about Ray Wise a lot.

Actually, we continued talking about Ray Wise until about 3:00 in the morning. We estimate that we pretty continuously discussed our mutual love for him for at least 12 hours.

Went to our friend's house, and she cooked us epic vegan food and smoked with us, then we watched Young Guns for some reason before heading back to one of my friends' places.

Once there, we wrote some stuff down for our sketch comedy group, I reminded my buddy that he's an ******* for panicking and stealing some of my material and using it at a comedy opening mic (because now I can't use it without looking like I'm ripping him off) and watched some Twin Peaks and Reaper to get our Ray Wise fix.

Not a productive day, really, but an extremely good one.
lemme guess, Vinneland?

about that girl, as they say, don't look a gift horse in the mouth

Malaise is THE dominant human predilection.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Virgin View Post
what? i don't understand you. farming is for vegetables, not for meat. if ou disagree with a farming practice, you disagree on a vegetable. unless you have a different definition of farming.
Howard the Duck is offline   Reply With Quote