Music Banter - View Single Post - London riots
Thread: London riots
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 09:54 AM   #64 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Butler View Post
Although I don't condone the violence in London and other parts of the UK, to put it down as simply being 'pure criminality', as some Conservative MPs have stated is just plain stupid. This is just letting the goverment who make the policies off the hook. There has to be a reason for the violence.

For me, there are things like poverty (The Big Society), education, lack of jobs and general social policies to blame. These people obviously have to take responsibility for their actions but nothing will be sorted if politicians and the general public, simply brand them as 'thugs' or whatever derogatory term they use.

It will just make them want to revolt and hate them even more. The people going out on the streets with brooms doesn't fill me with confidence either, ok they are helping their communties but it's almost like they are saying, the state don't sort it out so we will! Conservative goverments are just bad for this country, get Labour in fast.
In case you haven`t realized it yet, most of the world is still in a dire economic crisis and whether Labour, Conservatives or whichever other party you care to name is in power the outcome is still going to be the same! That means a lack of money all round etc.... and to shoot the blame at the current government sounds rather lame really.

In general the violent acts do have a reason behind them, but given the fact that we live in a civilized society, the population has the moral obligation to behave in a civilized manner and that is why we have a ballot box and freedom of speech for people to express their views and opinions, and gradually make changes. Obviously, a certain percentage of the population doesn`t share this civilized view and sees violent disorder as the way forward, but at the end of the day they get nowhere thankfully, but sadly they do help to disrupt the lives of normal law abidding citizens and the damage they cause just creates and even bigger problem for the country.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote