Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2011, 04:27 PM   #138 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Thursday, August 11 2011

Well, I promised something heavier today --- well, okay I didn't, but I hoped for that --- and here it is. Not exactly Metallica or Venom, true, but a decent rock song from a great album. I've covered Bon Jovi in depth some time ago when I reviewed three of their albums, but this wasn't one of them. This is of course from their first major commercial breakthrough, “Slippery when wet”, which brought them to the fore with hit singles like “Livin' on a prayer”, “You give love a bad name” and of course “Wanted dead or alive”. This is another of those singles, one of the ballads on the album, and it's “Never say goodbye”.

Never say goodbye --- Bon Jovi --- from “Slippery when wet” on Vertigo

There's not much I need to say, is there? Classic rock ballad, kicking off with heavy drums and guitar, and an anthemic singalong chorus, the song looking back to the days of our youth when there was nothing but love, sex and rock and roll. Ah, to be young again! And also fabulously rich and the idol of millions....