Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite love song?
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 06:24 AM   #575 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topazchicken View Post
I'm sure it's been said, but "Here, There and Everywhere" by The Beatles is my choice.
I had never heard that song by The Beatles before, Topazchicken.

One of my favorite love songs is "I'd Love Just Once To See You" by The Beach Boys because it realistically describes the experience of loving someone. Instead of being a traditional love ballad that is a soaring, ethereal paean to the beloved, this song shows the meshing of love with everyday life. The lyrics don't have to say "I love you" because the sentiment is spoken primarily through the account of actions.

And it's a cute song, too, as it describes how thoughts and emotions about the person interlace into your daily activities, filling them with the sweetness of appreciation, pleasant excitement, and hopeful longing to be with that person again and see her or him...entirely.

The Beach Boys - "I'd Love Just Once To See You"

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 08-12-2011 at 06:33 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote