Music Banter - View Single Post - Microphone and recording issues
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 07:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Rob Rock
Groupie

Shure makes a series of mics that are a bit cheaper than the standard SM58...those would be the PG series. If you're seriously short of cash, it's not such a bad investment. I beleive you can pick up the PG series vocal mic for about $60. But really, you should just invest in the 58, as they sound pretty good and will last forever.

The one lesson I learned from years of doing sound and spending lots and lots of money...if you're going to do something, do it right the first time. Sure I bought some cheap stuff when I didn't have the money for better, but in the end your money is better spent on something you'll want to keep using, not something you just plan to replace. My old PG series vocal mic just sat in the mic case once I finally spent the money for some real mics. Just be glad you're not a sound guy, you only need to buy one.

Also I'm not sure on the price to ship to Croatia, but there's a company on ebay called speakerrepair that makes some great color coded XLR cables at a great price...I highly recommend them. Bought a lot of stuff from those guys.