Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal & Rock Music Recommendations
View Single Post
Old 08-12-2011, 08:42 PM   #850 (permalink)
LOLPOCALYPSE
Aryan Wonder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundgardenRocks View Post
So, I've been thinking of getting some essential nu metal (I have cravings every once in a while), and I FINALLY just got Korn's self-titled (what other Korn albums are worth it?) and was thinking of getting LP's Hybrid Theory or Slipknot's "Vol. 3". So which of these two is better and are they both essential nu-metal? Are they both the best albums of these respective bands? What are some other essential nu-metal albums by these and other bands?
You really can't go wrong with Slipknot. I will defend them to the death, even on MB. For Korn I would get either Follow the Leader or Untouchables. Linkin Park should just be avoided all together. I mean seriously, I hate them.

I'm hoping this doesn't spark an argument, but just so you know Slipknot is not nu metal (MAYBE their first album) so I wouldn't group them that way. It is quite unfortunate they came out when they did...there is a lot of talent in that band.

Static-X is a good recommendation to you as well (via hip hop bunny).

I honestly can't think of any "essential" nu metal albums though. I don't really think any of it is worth your time.
LOLPOCALYPSE is offline   Reply With Quote