Music Banter - View Single Post - The Death Metal thread
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2011, 10:57 PM   #147 (permalink)
Itsme
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BastardofYoung View Post
I would say Opeth could be seen as Death Metal, more so in earlier years. "Orchid" and "Morningrise" owed to Death Metal and Black Metal, "My Arms, Your Hearse" was more Progressive Death Metal.

and of course "Deliverance" as well.

Last 2 has not been as Death Metal oriented, retain a small amount. But their earlier stuff was very in debt to Death Metal.

Yeah Orchid was definitely more on the black metal side, but you're right MAYH is pretty death metal-ly. That's actually my favorite album of theirs. Deliverance was a bit of a dissapointment to me, just not particularly impressive but definitely on the death metal side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hip hop bunny hop View Post
Honestly, I don't know what I find stranger: spotting a woman in a death metal band, or a black dude. I know the 'spanics and east asians like it, and even some jews, but I guess death metal has evaded the black community pretty well.

The only black guys in death metal i can think of are the two who were in Suffocation & that drummer who was in Diabolic and a bunch of other bands.
I'd say seeing a chick in death metal is definitely stranger. I know several black dudes who are into metal, especially thrash and stuff like that which is just a hair under death metal.
Itsme is offline   Reply With Quote