Music Banter - View Single Post - Bay Area Rapid Transit (BART) Cuts Off Cell Phone Signals to Prevent Protest.
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2011, 08:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Buzzov*en
Anxiety Hangover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrd00d View Post
@Conan I agree and disagree with what the Anonymous group did here. Go after BART? Yes. Release citizen's info? Meh.

As a former regular BART commuter, I highly condemn BART's actions, and only slightly shake my head at Anon's reaction. What's the risk of being one of thousands of addresses and phone numbers leaked? 'Oh noes! Not my phone number!' 'Oh noes! Now people will come hunting me down to my house because the world knows my name and address!' I dunno...

I am extremely unnerved at the recent suggestion of Britain's David Cameron suggesting that social media and, what, possibly all communication, be disabled in times of unrest. I am bothered by my local commuter train service taking this level of action. Yes they own the cell transmitters, and what not, and yes, they did just fine the whole time that cell phones weren't even a mainstay with the same system, but once you open a venue of public communication, you can't just turn it off and on, or censor people, at your will. I believe they broke some rules in doing what they did.
You said almost exactly what I was thinking.

Save the environment, shoot yourself in the head.
And when there is no hope I'll smoke some crack I'll shoot some dope.
Buzzov*en is offline   Reply With Quote