Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2011, 01:28 PM   #153 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Tuesday, August 16 2011

Now in fairness this isn't the track my random system came up with, but as that actually happened to be an interview with Porcupine Tree, I didn't feel that fit in with the spirit of RTotD, so I went on to the next track, which turned out to be this. Interesting, as I have just yesterday reviewed my third album in the occasional series “The Very Best of Irish”, that being Mary Black's superlative “No frontiers”. Here we are then with another Irish act, through no intention of my own, but it's worth listening to.

It's Aslan, whose album “Feel no shame” kicked off the VBoI series as it happens, though this is from their second album, “Goodbye Charlie Moonhead”, released in 1994, six years after their debut.

Sweet time --- Aslan --- from “Goodbye Charlie Moonhead” on BMG

It's a nice mid-paced rocker, not the best track by any means from that album, but a decent song with nice jangly guitar and Christy Dignam in fine voice. If you like this, check the review of “Feel no shame” a bit further back.