Music Banter - View Single Post - Favorite All-Female Bands
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 06:37 AM   #50 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Final Track View Post
Warpaint, definitely. The forum won't let me post links yet, but Billie Holiday and Lissie's Heart Murmur are amazing. Bass driven 4AD dream sound, check them out if you get a chance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
Warpaint.....their whole debut album is AMAZING!
Based on this advice, I listened to Warpaint's "Lissie's Heart Murmur" and a few other songs by them. I was disappointed because I expected their music to be at least a little warlike. Instead, their music sounds about as un-warpaint-like as I could imagine. I think their name should have been Peacepaint, because that would give you a better prediction of the gentle sound to expect:

Warpaint - "Lissie's Heart Murmur"
A fairly pretty, docile song, but not what I expected from a group called "Warpaint"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strayed View Post
What's really annoying is when some random guy comes in and doesn't contribute anything.
Ha ha! Like you! Funny comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer View Post
Why do you bump threads to post the same thing you've already previously posted the page before?

Its irritating and annoying enough, by just posting a video, without any comment on the subject.
I don't mind if people just share the individual songs they like without commenting on them, because one of my goals for the thread is to have a repository of song videos by all-female bands so that I can listen to them here rather than hunt them down all over the internet.

So it's okay with me, Necro, if skaltezon or anyone else just wants to embed or provide links to youtube videos they like, even if the songs are by the same band that they mentioned earlier.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote