Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2011, 04:01 PM   #155 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Wednesday, August 17 2011

Something very weird is happening. After the original eclectic and downright weird choices thrown up by the Random-o-meter during the first week and part of the second, this week has seen tracks come up by artists whose albums I have already reviewed, some from those actual albums. Spooky! Today is another case of this, with a track from Nick Cave's “No more shall we part”, in fact the title track.

And no more shall we part --- Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds --- from “No more shall we part” on Mute

Okay, it's not actually the title track, but it's as close as dammit. There's just an “and” missing, you pedants! As I said, I reviewed this album not too long ago, so if you like this and haven't read that review haste ye to the writeup afterwards! A nice slow but essentially melancholic song, carried mostly on piano but with some lovely mournful violin coming in and really changing the mood of the song.

I couldn't find a YT of the studio version, so we'll have to make do with this live recording.