Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Wars!!!!!!!!!!!
View Single Post
Old 08-18-2011, 11:44 AM   #188 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOLPOCALYPSE View Post
I've noticed that too. Metal elitists don't seem to like gimmicks, but Amon Amarth has one of the most gimmicky images out their (but like you said, they are good). In the end, if you are an elitist, you are a follower. People develop elitist tastes so that they can call themselves "trve metal" or "cvlt" or what have you. Even if they liked melodeath, they wouldn't admit it. Something allowed Amon Amarth to slip through the melodeath filter for these elitists. It provided an outlet for them to satisfy the melodeath needs they keep buried deep inside
My guess would be the vocalist. He has a much more gutteral death metal voice, rather than the more melodic approach of Anders from In Flames. Not to mention he looks like a fucking viking. There is nothing more metal than looking like a viking.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote