Music Banter - View Single Post - Rasheed Chappell
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2011, 12:00 AM   #5 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

word, i really wanna get my hands on this dude's album

that second track has such a battle-ready tone to it, i love that shit. and yeah, this dude's got potential beyond belief, i gotta hear Future Before Nostalgia. he has been rapping for over 10 years though, the first track i posted (R.A.S.H.E.E.D.) is from like '98... i love that joint, that beat's beautiful

yeah, hip hop's only dead for sleepers.. i've actually been guilty of sleeping on a lot of new emcees, but new rappers i see with a lot of potential:

Chuuwee
Rasheed Chappell
Blu
Curren$y
Jay Electronica (if this motherfucker ever drops a solo before he stops mattering)
Action Bronson
Meyhem Lauren
Co$$
Big K.R.I.T.
Smoke DZA
Freddie Gibbs
Oddisee

i've heard good things about Kendrick Lamar, too

and there's Odd Future (specifically Tyler and Earl), everyone was on their nuts before Yonkers, and when Yonkers came out, then after Goblin/Tyler really blew up, a lot of people started hating quick. i still think they're both okay (i was stuck on some of that Radical mixtape and some tracks from Bastard/EARL for a while, though), they have some bangers here and there, but Tyler has some clear potential for vision... Goblin showed signs of that, he has the potential to do some dope ****.

and I have to include J. Cole... dude bores me so far, but Jay-Z's vouching for him, and I think the dude could have a dope release with the right producer. so far he's just a meh mixtape rapper.

and there's still some cats who've been around for a while that're able to put out dope shit...

oh yeah, and although i haven't been able to get into him so far, that dude Lil B is mad weird. i can't tell what he's doing, sometimes he's just being satirical, seems like some weird commentary, other times he can ride a beat kinda nicely, i dunno man.. strange dude, worth keeping an eye on just for that. weird cats are good for music.
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote