Music Banter - View Single Post - What Are You Listening To Right Now? II
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 04:55 AM   #4671 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by skaltezon View Post
I think it must be a bird-elephant, which adds to the incongruent weirdness. Obviously there's a deep message there that I'm not smart enough to understand. But I like it anyway.
A bird-elephant! Kind of like a commentary on how we are all branches of the evolutionary tree and thus are close relatives, and so the view of a person being an evil friend is just a misconception?

I looked up the lyrics (of course) and still couldn't decide what the deep message may be. "We are night sky, we are god's eye at the shore of tears yet to be cried." I think it is saying we are life and death all rolled into one, and sorrows of the past will continue.

I also think the song may be kind of like a drug-induced vision of reality, so I don't think it makes much sense or is intended to. It may be one of those songs that tries to be deep by inspiring people to come up with their own interpretations.

I listened again and decided I think the guitar-playing is mind-numbingly tedious because of the boring chords. I don't like the song at all, really. The more I listen to it, the less I like it. And I *know* I hate the way the guy just goes on and on saying "Evil Friend evil friend evil friend evil friend." The song is even more repetitive than I originally realized.

Okay. Next.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote