Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 AM   #166 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Random Track of the Day
Sunday, August 21 2011

Last RTotD for this week, and it's something completely different to bring the week to a close. Swedish doom/death metal band Lake of Tears have evolved over the seventeen years they've been together, expanding into the arena of prog metal, and this track is taken from their third album, “A crimson cosmos”. It's more the latter, ie doom/black/death metal, but thanks be to the Great White Handkerchief there are no death vocals. Lead singer Daniel Brennare has a rough, gruff voice, well suited to his type of music, but you can understand him!

When my sun comes down --- Lake of Tears --- from “A crimson cosmos” on Black Mark

Certainly a heavy song, it's a slow rock cruncher with a great melody. Brennare puts me in mind of a much slower and restrained Lemmy, but then, I don't tend to listen to that much death metal, so perhaps he's more typical of the genre. Good voice though, and a good track, with real power and melody.

And so another week comes to a close. The tracks are beginning to get more random and more interesting as we go along, so who knows what the next week holds in store for us?