Music Banter - View Single Post - Stoner/Space Rock Compilations
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2011, 07:25 AM   #27 (permalink)
Mrd00d
Stoned and Jammin' Out

I got the Masters of Reality discography, but it didn't jump out at me like bands like Colour Haze or Kyuss. I'd always glossed over Clutch as well, and realized recently that was a mistake. Thanks for the other 3 bands... Mars Red Sky, Gomer Pyle and Causa Sui might be promising.

You like Karma to Burn?

Edit: Ah, I knew I was excited about this thread. It's not just stoner rock, it's SPACE rock. Which is the sub sub genre I adore above all others.

Sula Bassana - the multi instrumentalist king of space rock in my book just for the excellence of his albums 'The Night" under Sula Bassana and Interkosmos s/t, along with a solid but difficult to collect discography. Eat Sula Bassana up every day for a healthy mind!
(You should definitely listen to these albums in the order given, but just to sample

(No seriously... get as much Sula Bassana as you can find - check his discography online)

I saw First Band From Outer Space, but we need! some Oresund Space Collective. This is THE space supergroup of musicians from all over internationally, that come together to jam and record epic spacey ... jams. Average track length is probably all 10+ minutes and it's all bliss.

Hidria Spacefolk are an absolute delight; they really remind me of Ozric Tentacles, and I must add to that Quantum Fantay does as well.

Stone Oak Cosmonaut has released two albums that I rate as Excellent, and I'm really anxious for a third. Their 09 release was almost solid 10/10 in my book, the second was probably an 8/10, but still highly replayable, and that was a '10 release so I'm hoping before year's end there may be another...

Secret Saucer ... man... the sound these guys put together gives me the chills. Solid discography, highly lovable.

Also recommend Cosmosquad and Cosmic Hoffman and The :Egocentrics and Electric Moon

Cosmosquad has a fairly amazing, solid discography.

This youtube channel really got me going, and I recommend every human being on this planet to browse this channel for ideas: ILoveAnnieHaslam's Channel - YouTube

Last edited by Mrd00d; 08-22-2011 at 07:55 AM.
Mrd00d is offline   Reply With Quote