Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:22 AM   #16852 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Right now I'm cooking rice on the stove, vacuuming the child's bedroom, tidying up, doing laundry and making the beds in preparation for a sleepover, while listening to music in between tasks...

...when I stopped to consider with amusement my child's sheets that I bought at his request. They show sleep-inducing images of cartoon Staw Wars characters wielding a profusion of ballistic weapons and light sabers:

Clone Wars sheets:

This amuses me because I remember how I swore before having a child that I would never ever ever get anything that in any way appeared to condone violence. I recall how my own bedroom sheets I picked out and loved when I was a child showed a sleeping Bambi and his mother surrounded by adoring forest animals!

Then, as a parent, I faced the reality that my child just truly enjoys the thrill of battle scenes. He likes being the hero, he likes being the villain...he just gets into it. It's a passion.

So, in honor of his passion, which my child assures me won't turn him into a psycho murderer , I bought him the sheets he wanted. I even play online games with him at Free Games at ROBLOX.com where we decapitate and dismember fellow characters ... although I often just like to dance around them until they lose patience and mow me down. We also play house at Roblox, too, and I even acquired another member as a doggy boyfriend, so it isn't *all* violence.

Funny, how our sensitivities can change.

Anyway, back to cleaning...
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote