Music Banter - View Single Post - Amy Winehouse
Thread: Amy Winehouse
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 10:43 AM   #249 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Default No illegal drugs in Amy's system when she died!

I just read that Amy Winehouse had no illegal drugs in her system when she died:

Quote:
Tests Show No Illegal Drugs in Winehouse Body | Gallery | Wonderwall

Amy Winehouse had no illegal drugs in her system when she died, and it is still unclear what killed the singer, her family said Tuesday.

The family said in a statement that toxicology tests showed "alcohol was present," but it hasn't yet been determined if it contributed to her death.

The 27-year-old soul diva, who had battled drug and alcohol addiction
for years, was found dead in her London home on July 23, and an initial post-mortem failed to determine the cause of death.
Her dad talked about her earlier struggles with drug addiction and her on-going battle with alcoholism that stayed with her to the end:

Quote:
Winehouse's father, Mitch, has said his daughter had beaten her drug dependency three years before her death, but he admitted she was still struggling to control her drinking after several weeks of abstinence.

Mitch Winehouse told mourners at the singer's July 26 funeral that she had said to him, "'Dad I've had enough of drinking, I can't stand the look on your and the family's faces anymore.'"
I'm wondering if her death was just due to all the stress on, and damage to, her body from the substance abuse over the years. It is sad, because she might have enjoyed so many more years of life. I have sympathy for her due to her struggles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by right-track View Post
This is why we'll never have sex, VEGAN.

Edit: And the arm pit hair!!!
I am relieved to know that my Strategic Hair Defense system for identifying and avoiding close-minded men works and is now bolstered by my dislike of Amy Winehouse's music.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote