Music Banter - View Single Post - The Official David Bowie Thread
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 02:21 AM   #300 (permalink)
Flyingpig437
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Pat View Post
Don't crucify me for saying this, but... I have never actually listened to a David Bowie album. So... does anyone know of a decent release by him that's a bit experimental?

Hunky Dory isn't really experimental...it might kinda border on being a bit differnt but the songs are fairly conventional but conventional and v.inspired. Easilly one of the top 10 best albums I've ever heard. Low and Heroes are the 2 really experimental ones. Heroes has some good songs on it and of course the title track is great but it just leaves me a bit cold. It's supposed to be more, and deliberately so, upbeat than Low but I just find Low a nicer sound...production wise. I wouldn't bother with Aladin Sane if you're only a casual fan. Diamond dogs is much better. Young American's is great but it's a bit smoochy and I don't like smoochy music. Stn. to stn. is **** imo. The title tracks o.k but apart from that I just don't like it at all...really mediocre songs. His biggest turky to most people is Never let me down but it's actually got some brilliant songs on it. Tonight is his real turkey. Apart from Loving the alien it is absoulbtely ****e. Let's dance isn't worth getting either apart from for a few songs.
Basically if you're not a hardcore fan just get HUnky Dory, Ziggy & Low. You can't go wrong with them.