Music Banter - View Single Post - The Playlist of Life --- Trollheart's resurrected Journal
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 10:32 AM   #172 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

NOW that's what I call music!
(Volume II)

Time to spread ten more of my favourite videos across my journal. No order, no linkage, no reason. I just like 'em, is all!

Thought this should have been a huge hit. It wasn't. Bought the album on the strength of the previous single and this, and was severely disappointed with it. This is a great track though, Breathe, from the album “All that jazz”, with “Don't tell me lies.”

Classic from Asia, from their self-titled debut,a huge hit. This is “Heat of the moment”.

Love this one from Dire Straits, just the whole mood of it. Taken from the album “Love over gold”, it's Mark Knopfler at his best, on “Private investigations”.

Never heard anything more from them, but this was a great song from Midnight Oil, with “Beds are burning”.

And there was just something about this track that spoke to me. Again, never heard of them before or since, but Spear of Destiny hit it on the head with “Never take me alive”.

Damn You Tube ads! Anyway, this is my old mate Steve Earle with an excellent song which really speaks to me, being Irish. From the top-notch album “Transcendental blues”, this is “The Galway girl”, featuring Sharon Shannon on accordion. Get up there!

Pure southern rock from those Georgia Satellites! Yeehah! Keep them hands to yourself!

Classic ballad from INXS, the late Michael Hutchence in one of his finest performances, on “Never tear us apart”.

One of the very first songs I ever heard from Nick Cave, from the album “The good son”, the piano ballad known as “The Ship Song”.

And to wrap this volume up, it's the first band I was ever into, ELO, from the album “On the third day”, which I kind of hated, but this is a great track. A reworking of Edvard Grieg's “In the hall of the Mountain King”, which in a very real way got me interested in classical music.

Okay, putting the records away for now. More when I think of them.