Music Banter - View Single Post - Lord Finesse
Thread: Lord Finesse
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 06:46 PM   #6 (permalink)
Jester
Music Addict

dude, Percee P is not whack!! his album with Madlib was half assed (except for that track with Aesop Rock, that was ill), but that was a shame because Percee P is a monster... that delivery and signature flow (i guess that was a problem with his release--kinda monochromatic) and attention-stealing voice is fantastic... plus, if you peep that battle, that style was mad original for '89... (the Good Life scene kinda crushed his technicality imo, but he still was legit)

yeah, Funky Technician would be a great place to start. came out in 1990, he was putting other battle rappers to shame with his punchlines... i don't even like punchline rappers, they usually suck, but Lord Finesse, who mostly made use of punchlines, was just so goddamn fresh.

after Funky Technician, go for The Awakening, then go to Return of the Funky Man. (that's his debut -> 3rd (final) -> sophomore)

they're all real dope... Lord Finesse is one of the greats

you feeling any of those tracks matious?? my favs are probably Here I Come and Hip 2 Da Game... and Bad Mutha

by the way, Funky Technician has some of Premo's beats before he became a legend... some of Diamond D's early beats too. both mad respected cats. i oughta mention Showbiz cause he was on there too... album shows off all their early styles, dope shit too.

The Awakening is fully produced by Lord Finesse. he's mad underrated as a producer (see: Hip 2 da Game--one of my favorite beats, personally). he put down some tracks on Lifestylez ov da Poor & Dangerous, and I know he produced "Suicidal Thoughts" from Ready to Die... might have had some other beats but i dunno

ok i'm done ranting... enjoy the info and don't sleep on Lord Finesse peeps
Jester is offline   Reply With Quote