Music Banter - View Single Post - Are you a cat person or a dog person?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2011, 11:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedestrian View Post
I don't find myself longing for affection or companionship with cats. I get those things, but without the relentless neediness of dogs. When a cat likes you, it's because it likes you, not because it needs you.
That's the feeling I get with cats, too, Pedestrian.

Then I remember a cartoon I like that shows the thoughts of a cat who is sitting next to its disturbed-looking owner: "If you were smaller, I would eat you." I think that's probably true. I have a feeling that a dog would be less likely to eat its human if the person suddenly shrunk down to mouse size.

Cats often seem more reserved with their affection and need more space and privacy than dogs, but when cats *do* bond they can be very intimate. I relate to and feel more comfortable with that, so being around cats is easier for me than being around dogs. When I'm with cats, I can relax. I feel like I'm with my own kind...minus the cat traits of being a carnivore and having a penchant for chomping up spiders and cockroaches!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote