Music Banter - View Single Post - Lord Finesse
Thread: Lord Finesse
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 01:50 AM   #7 (permalink)
Sparky
not really

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
dude, Percee P is not whack!! his album with Madlib was half assed (except for that track with Aesop Rock, that was ill), but that was a shame because Percee P is a monster... that delivery and signature flow (i guess that was a problem with his release--kinda monochromatic) and attention-stealing voice is fantastic... plus, if you peep that battle, that style was mad original for '89... (the Good Life scene kinda crushed his technicality imo, but he still was legit)
maybe for 89 but it sounds extremely dated now. That dirt and filth song was great though, i listened to that a lot.

Seriously though he sounds the same on all those songs.

Quote:
yeah, Funky Technician would be a great place to start. came out in 1990, he was putting other battle rappers to shame with his punchlines... i don't even like punchline rappers, they usually suck, but Lord Finesse, who mostly made use of punchlines, was just so goddamn fresh.

after Funky Technician, go for The Awakening, then go to Return of the Funky Man. (that's his debut -> 3rd (final) -> sophomore)

they're all real dope... Lord Finesse is one of the greats

you feeling any of those tracks matious?? my favs are probably Here I Come and Hip 2 Da Game... and Bad Mutha
I wasn't getting into it too much but that last track is great. His style of rapping on that song sounded more interesting, it was less chronic punchlines, at least in the 1st verse.

So far i don't see why he's better then big l.
Sparky is offline   Reply With Quote