Music Banter - View Single Post - The Red Krayola
Thread: The Red Krayola
View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 11:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu View Post
Bowie's had a much more prolific recording career, and the good far outweighs the bad. RK's back catalogue isn't faultless, and I haven't even heard all of it. As for The VU, I take it you're not a fan of the S/T or Loaded? Though nowhere near as experimental a earlier releases, both showcase musical diversity and a willingness to progress. Not only that, they both easily trump everything I've heard from the Red Krayola.

As I said, I've got lots of time for RK, I just think saying they shit all over Bowie and The VU is ridiculous. But hey, opinion is opinion.
Well, 99% of this is opinion. The only thing that isn't is the assumption David Bowie has a more prolific career. Red Krayola started in 1966, and produced their last album in 2010. David Bowie started his career in 1968 and last album was produced in 2003.

As for Velvet Underground, even their early albums don't really live up to expectations, in my opinion. They are good, not astounding.

Red Krayola are much more diverse, and consistent in quality than both. There are things in 'art rock', and 'art music' that I'd consider better than Red Krayola. I just feel that they overshadow many of the acts that are popularly advertised to tipify the genre.

I exaggerate, maybe, but I think my point still stands.
Terence Hill, as recently confirmed during an interview to an Italian TV talk-show, was offered the role but rejected it because he considered it "too violent". Dustin Hoffman and John Travolta declined the role for the same reason. When Al Pacino was considered for the role of John Rambo, he turned it down when his request that Rambo be more of a madman was rejected.
Al Pacino = God
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote