Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 08-26-2011, 12:12 AM   #16892 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRED HALE SR. View Post
To say it was a helpless feeling would be putting it lightly. In all i've probably experienced about ten in my lifetime. I would rather deal with 30 seconds of rumble than a tornado or hurricane.
I probably would too, to be honest, and I've only experienced the one earthquake. Hurricanes are my least favorite, in addition to being the one of the three which I'm most acquainted with; I lived in North Carolina from 5th to 8th grade, and we got positively hammered with hurricanes when I was there. We were about 45 minutes inland, and still got two of them (direct hits to the coast, bastards) as category 3/4 hurricanes when we got 'em.

Trees down. No power. Emergency shelters. Roads closed down for weeks because of the damage. And I mean, this wasn't uncommon, really. I also saw a tornado there - granted, it was an EF1, but it legitimately touched down 2 blocks from me, and was less intense and frightening than even the smaller hurricanes.

Hurricanes are awful. Used to have to tape our windows all the time. Just inconvenient and irritating.

It's a hand-me-down, the thoughts are broken
Perhaps they're better left unsung
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote